Best Car Amplifier For Bass And Perfect Sound Quality
Are you all set to add an amplifier to your car audio system? Great! You’ve made the right decision. If you’re still in a dilemma about whether it will be beneficial or not, I suggest going through our previous guide article on car amplifiers.
Generally, people love to stay stuck on trusted brands. Nothing wrong with this thought; it’s your hard-end money, after all. I still would love to explore the hidden gems available on the market; that I also did with the car amplifier.
I’ve explored some amazing car amplifiers; that is genuinely great at power to money; that I’m going to share with you, including a comprehensive buying guide.
Top 3 Best Amplifier For Your Car Audio System
1. Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime – Best Class D Car Amplifier For Bass
- 12dB/octave LP/HP/AP Butterworth crossover
- Rated at 500 Watt x 1 Channel Power Rating
- 2 Ohms RMS Impedance
- On-board Punch EQ with +18dB boost @ 45Hz
- 150 mV to 4 V Input Sensitivity
- 20Hz to 250Hz +/-1dB Frequency Range
- MOSFET power supply thermal sensing with 0°/180° phase switch
With the RMS rating of 500.0 watts for one channel at 2.0 ohms, the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D class D amplifier is a trending market for car audio systems.
In terms of specification, this car amplifier has the most reliable thermal sensing power supply, most efficient crossover, and infrasonic filter; that ensures the best quality sound.
The thermal sensing power supply unit prevents overheating and the risk of short circuits due to overcurrent. The onboard 12.0-dB low-pass filter, high-pass filter, and all-pass filter take care of all ranges of frequency sound, making it suitable for use with subwoofers, mid-range bass speakers, and loud tweeters.
The remote control variable bass boost lets you control the speakers remotely via a power amplifier. Another best part is its compact design fits even in most small cars.
- Includes wired PLC remote (Punch Level Control)
- Remote for bass control
- RCA pass-through outputs
- Short circuit protection
- Overcurrent protection
2. Rockville – Best Sound Quality Car Amplifier
- Optical Coupler Class “D” Technology
- High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply with Phase Control Switch
- Rated at 2 Ohm / 4000 Watts x 1 Channel and 4 Ohm / 2400 Watts x 1 Channel Peak Power
- Rated at 2 Ohm / 1000 Watts x 1 Channel and 4 Ohm / 600 Watts x 1 Channel Dyno-Certified RMS Continuous Power
- 15Hz – 250Hz Frequency Response
- Fully Adjustable 12dB / Octave Crossover with Differential Circuitry
- 50Hz – 250Hz Low Pass Filter and 15Hz – 55Hz Subsonic Filter
Looking at the power rating, don’t conclude this is the most powerful amp for your car. Rather, I suggest going through the attached amazon link to explore its’ highest offerings.
Rockville has introduced various car amps, ranging from 200 watts RMS to 1500 watts RMS; you only need to choose according to the power requirement of your system.
Like the previous one, it also offers under-voltage protection at 10V and over-voltage protection at 16V. So, never put your system at risk of being short circuit due to an unstable power supply.
With an enhanced 15Hz – 250Hz response, it efficiently powers up all types of car speakers like subs, mid-range speakers, and tweeter speakers, though it lacks a high-pass filter.
However, this amp provides an enhanced sound with reduced noise when you’re on the go.
- Mute and Delay Soft Start System
- Handy 12dB Bass Equalizer
- Full IC-Controlled Protection Circuitry
- Status Mode LED Indicator
- Under Voltage and Over Voltage Protection
3. BOSS Audio Systems PV3700 – Best 5 Channel Car Amplifier
- Power Rating: 550 Watts Max x 4 @2-Ohms and 275 Watts Max x 4 @4-Ohms / 1100 Watts Max x 2 Bridged @4 Ohms
- Class A-B Technology
- Mosfet Power Supply
- Variable Gain Control
- Variable High Pass Crossover, Variable Low Pass Crossover, and Bass Boost
It’s an excellent quality 5-channel amp; that can smoothly handle 4-door speakers and a sub in the rear deck. The remote bass control and gain control are a nice inclusion.
With this amp, your car audio system could go plenty loud, and the sound on each note will be clear for sure. Along with high and low-level inputs, the cross-over filter for all frequencies ensures optimum performance.
The amp is biased with bass quality and subwoofers. Isn’t it? Jokes apart! You can control the bass level and woofers remotely via a wired remote function.
In short, this amp offers all the bells and whistles at an affordable price point; that we all want while purchasing a new thing.
- Low/High-Level Inputs
- Full Range Amplification for Speakers and subwoofers
- Remote Subwoofer Control
- Customizable Multi LED Backlit Illumination
4. Lanzar VCT4110 – Best Budget Car Amplifier
- 1000W RMS / 2000W MAX Power Rating
- 1000 W x 2 bridged output at 2 ohms or 500 W x 4 output at 4 ohms
- MOSFET Power Supply
- RCA input and Line Output
- w/ Crossover Frequency and Bass Boost Control
This Lanzar amplifier is another powerful car amp; that can run an entire stereo setup; coupled with subs, mid-range speaker, tweeter, and full-range speaker. It provides enough power to handle up to 4 devices at their best.
It is not only powerful but also capable of meeting the demand of audiophiles. Music lovers generally want a sound system; that lets them listen to each note clearly.
To do so, it comes equipped with variable crossover filters; that block all sorts of noise before getting into the signal paths and ensure the best clarity for all frequency ranges.
If you want a full-range amplification solution, nothing could beat this small and easy-to-install car amp.
- Slim design
- Easy installation
- Short circuit protection
- Helps to achieve loud, crisp, and clear sound
- Different settings to tweak the custom setup
5. Skar Audio RP-1200.1 – Best Bass Boost Car Amplifier
- Class D Technology
- MOSFET Power Supply
- Peak Power 1,600 Watts at 1 Ohm
- RMS Power 1,200 Watts at 1 Ohm
- On-board Bass EQ Switch
- +6 or +12dB boost at 45Hz
- 20Hz – 250Hz Frequency Response
Look at the key features. 1200 watts of RMS power is not only for grab attention. This amplifier truly provides such power at 1 ohm. It is perfect for those; who have a single 1200 watts subwoofer or two 600 watts rated full range speakers.
The heat sink design with the thick metal outer shell is an extra add-on; that keeps the amp cool and efficiently eliminates overheating issues. The only thing it lacks is the variable cross-over, but it managed to produce the best possible clean sound.
The onboard switch is pretty surprising. It lets you tune the gain level, low-pass filter, and subsonic filter. It incorporates a knob for bass control, so you can go deeper into the music.
So, if you want something great at a cheap price point, this could be your companion on daily driving.
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control Included
- Highly Efficient Heat Sink Design
- Maximum Current Flow
- Easy bass adjustment
- 4-way protection circuitry
6. Alpine S-A60M S-Series – High End Car Amplifier
- Class D mono amplification
- 330 watts RMS x 14 ohms
- Preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Variable bass boost
- Less than 6 pounds
Alpine is the name; that provides beyond our expectations at an affordable price point. This S-A60M class D amp is the best budget amplifier; I’ve ever found.
This underrated vehicle amplifier offers more power than it has charged and advertised for. Another best part is that such an extra power boost is completely free.
Suppose you have a 12” subwoofer in your car. When you coupled it with this amp, they would sound like there are two large subwoofers.
It works amazingly well at mids and high; that you can’t expect from the other amps in this range.
This amp has everything, even more than your requirement against this price point. I can assure you that your trial won’t go wrong.
- Great at the highs and the mids
- Make the subwoofer sound harder and louder
- The tiny design and small footprint are super handy for car installation
- Value for money
7. Kicker 46CXA3604T – Best Class A/B Car Amplifier
- 4-channel A/B amplifier
- Rated at 65 watts per channel
- Bridgable, 65 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms or 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- Separate high and low pass filters
- Variable bass boosts, 0-6 dB at 40 Hz
Looking at the specifications, you may have understood that this amplifier lets you enhance the volume at your desired value without distorting the sound.
The spate high pass and low pass filter specifically keep the bass and high frequency free from all sorts of noise, even when it’s on the go.
The amp takes very little space and complements your car interior, making it a good option for a car audio system.
- Quick turn On / Off
- Smooth sound
- Best possible clarity
- Small and compact
- Looks cool
8. Rockford Fosgate R2-300X4 – Best Full-Range Car Amplifier
- Full-range class-D 4-channel amplification
- 50 Watts x 4 @ 4Ω OR 75 Watts x 4 @ 2Ω OR 150 Watts x 2 @ 4Ω
- Integrated Punch EQ
- Adjustable 12 dB/octave high and low pass crossovers
- High-level input and RCA pass-through outputs
Not everyone has a luxurious budget; it’s completely okay, but if the price is not your concern, I would like to recommend this prime amplifier to you.
This versatile amplifier offers a range of efficient power ratings for a 2-channel bridged or 4-channel mono setup.
It exclusively comes equipped with two separate knobs for frequency and gains controls; that help correct the acoustic deficiencies and make the sound impressive.
You can expect loud sound at every frequency range with the best possible clarity.
If you’re looking for an amplifier; that can help you upgrade your sound system, look no further than this R2-300X4 prime amp model of Rockford Fosgate.
- Delivers up to 3X the bass
- Generates more power as voltage increases
- Adjustable gain settings
- C.L.E.A.N. Technology eliminates all sorts of noise
- No overheating issue
How To Choose The Best Car Amp For Your Car Audio System?
You will get immersive sound from your car audio system only when you pair up the right amplifier with it. For this reason, you need to match your chosen amplifier with your stereo system.
1. Amplifier Power Rating
The amp manufacturing brands advertise the peak power rating, but most amps never reach that highest watt value. You should look at the continuous RMS value, which is also measured in watts.
Look at the RMS rating of your car stereo system first; then, find a matching amp with the same power output for it. Remember, having more powered amp than the power requirements of your system would not harm the system, but if the amp doesn’t provide enough power, it will put your system at risk.
2. Amplifier Impedance
The second important factor is matching up the amp impedance with the impedance of your speakers and subwoofers. The amps with 1,2,4, and 8 ohms impedance are the most common.
3. Amplifier Classes
The amps of A/B and D classes are the most beneficial for car stereo systems. Class A/B amps bring out the best from the speakers, and class D amps work well with subwoofers. Both class amps are small in size and offer the best quality sound with low distortion and high audio fidelity, making them a good choice for a car audio system.
These are the things; that you should look into in an amp to reach the best options. Help you more to decide; I’ve reviewed some of the best car amps; available right now.
The days have gone; when we expect to get a thing according to what we paid for it. Now, most companies in every industry started offering more at fewer prices to survive in the competition.
After going through the entire article, you may have started agreeing with me. Hopefully, you liked my recommendations, and your chosen one will serve you the way you want.